Grass Cutting Tips to Save Water, Have Healthier Grass, and Be Code Compliant
Grass cutting season has begun. Here are some grass related tips:
- Leave grass clippings on your lawn to hold moisture better, which means less watering. It also returns valuable nutrients to the soil.
- Don’t blow grass clippings into the street because they can clog storm water drains and cause flooding.
- Harrington’s code requires grass to be 6″ or less in height and clippings to be promptly removed from sidewalks.
- Sharp mower blades cut grass cleanly while dull blades tear and damage grass.
- Mowing during the hottest times of day causes the lawn to lose more moisture and recover more slowly, just like it does to people.
Tags: Code enforcement, Grass, Yard waste