Trick-or-Treating in Harrington
The Harrington City Council voted to approve trick-or-treating with safety guidelines. Trick-or-treating will be held on Saturday, October 31, from 6 pm to 8 pm for ages 12 and under. If participating, please follow guidelines established by the Delaware Division of Public Health (DPH) including:
- Wear a mask. Both trick-or-treaters and those handing out candy should wear a face covering. Halloween masks are not sufficient.
- No homemade treats. Only store-bought, prepackaged items can be given out.
- No large groups. Walk only with people from the same household and wait for one group to leave a house before approaching.
- Be outside to hand out treats. Residents should wait outside to distribute candy. Trick-or-treaters should not go to the door or into a house.
- Keep hands clean. Sanitize hands frequently.
- Consider providing treats without direct contact. Place individual treat portions on the porch or make a candy chute.
If you have recently tested positive for COVID-19 or recently been exposed to a person with COVID-19, do not participate in any in-person Halloween festivities and do not give out candy to trick-or-treaters.
Please see the DPH Halloween Guidance.
Tags: Events, Halloween, Trick or treat