Summer Travel Safety Tips
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you will be traveling this summer:
- Don’t use your back pockets. Pickpockets can easily lift your wallet from your back pocket.
- Hide your cash. Don’t carry all your cash in the same place. Hide it in several places when traveling.
- Fill out a house watch form. Stop by HPD or get one from our webpage. Officers will check on your property while you’re away. Also let a trusted neighbor know that you will be away.
- Don’t post on social media. Wait until you return from vacation to post about it on social media. Don’t give criminals a heads up that you are not home.
- Leave a light on. Put a light on a timer so that your house isn’t completely dark.
- Stop your mail and newspaper. Have the post office hold your mail and stop your newspaper delivery or ask a neighbor to get them. Newspapers and mail piling up outside is a sure sign that no one is home.
Tags: Safety, Summer