Protecting Our State’s Precious Water Begins With You…
Storm drains and roadside ditches lead directly to our streams, rivers, lakes and bays. So, any pollutants like oil, pet waste, leaves, grass clippings, trash, or dirty water from washing your car, or other outside activities that enter a storm drain eventually get into our state’s precious waters.
How can You help? Follow these Simple Tips to help keep our water clean.
- Never dump anything down a storm drain.
- Keep grass clippings off of sidewalks and streets.
- Use fertilizers and pesticides sparingly and sweep up any excess.
- Check your car for leaks, and recycle used motor oil.
- Take your car to a car wash, instead of washing it in your driveway.
- Pick up after your pet.
- Compost your yard waste.
This article is courtesy of the City of New Castle.