Employment Opportunity: Accountant
The City of Harrington is seeking a Full-Time Accountant. This position performs professional governmental public accounting work; examines, analyzes, and verifies fiscal records and reports; prepares and analyzes account reconciliations and financial reports and provides advice and information on accounting practices and procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles for the City.
Candidate must have knowledge of accepted principles and interrelationships of fund accounting, auditing, and fiscal management; of accounting systems and data processing interrelationships; and of spreadsheet software. Ability to effectively apply accounting and auditing techniques and procedures in the work performed; to prepare clear, complete, concise reports; to communicate effectively orally and in writing; and to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• BA/BS in Accounting(preferred) or equivalent
• Five years of progressive related experience
• Previous public sector governmental fund accounting and budget preparation experience
• Proficiency with computerized governmental fund accounting software, specifically Edmunds MCSJ software and MS Office
• Verbal and written skills with an emphasis on being able to articulate complex information to a variety of audiences within government entities
• Financial statement analysis and preparation
Candidate must be bondable and obtain a current criminal history background check. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license. The candidate must pass drug screening and physical.
Only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Please indicate on Application the starting salary desired.
View the Accountant Job Description here or contact City Hall at 398-3530. Please submit a Employment Application and a resume detailing your work and educational experience by email to email@example.com or in a sealed envelope to City of Harrington marked “Accountant” by July 15, 2018. The City of Harrington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.