Winter is coming! With the onset of lower temperatures and winter weather, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Pipes may freeze & cause leaks. Know where the master water shut-off valve is located in your house, or have one installed, to save water & prevent water damage.
- Snow & ice must be removed from the sidewalks along your property within 24 hours of the completion of the snowfall. Please do not throw snow onto streets.
- Remove hoses from outside spigots to prevent freezing.
- If possible, don’t park cars on streets during snowfall so that the snowplows can clear the street.
- Water is metered, so there will be a charge for water left running to prevent frozen pipes.
Tags: Frozen pipes, Plow, Shut off valve, Sidewalk, Snow, Winter