Trash Collection Reminders
This is a friendly reminder that the following rules regarding trash collection must be followed:
- All garbage containers must be placed for collection between 3 pm the day before and 6 am the day of collection
- If possible, please do not block sidewalks with garbage containers
- All garbage containers must be removed from the collection area by 11:59 pm the day it has been emptied
- Garbage containers must be stored at the side or the rear of the structure and not visible from the street (screening can be used)
- Yard waste* (grass, leaves, branches) and construction debris is not allowed in garbage containers
See Chapter 305, Property Maintenance, Section 305-8 of the Code of the City of Harrington.
Please call City Hall, 398-3530, if you have any questions.
* Yard waste can be dropped off at the Public Works Yard, 102 Franklin Street, on Wednesdays 9 am-5:30 pm (winter hours are 9 am-3 pm).
Tags: Code enforcement, Trash, Yard waste