Build a Better World – Library Events and Summer Reading
The Harrington Public Library has lots of activities to keep kids and adults entertained this summer. Earn prizes through the summer reading challenge or cool off as you attend fun events. All for FREE!
Build a Better World Summer Reading Challenge
What a fun way to help kids retain their reading skills during while out of school, spend quality time with your children reading together, and enjoy some books yourself. People of all ages can participate and win prizes. See the Build a Better World flyer for all the details. Register online or stop into the Library to sign up for the Summer Reading Challenge. It starts June 1, 2017.
Events, Events, and More Events
The Harrington Public Library always has events for children, teens, and adults, but there is even more to do in the summer. There are day and evening programs offered and something for every age group. Some of the highlights include:
- A gun safety program in partnership with the Harrington Police Department
- Try out a virtual reality headset
- A comic book workshop
- Jugglers, magicians, musicians, and comedians
- S.T.E.A.M. crafts and reading to Roscoe the reading dog
- Teen book club and game night
All this and more to do! Be sure to check out the Build a Better World flyer for a list of summer events or check the Harrington Public Library’s website or Facebook page. If advance registration for a program is required, it will say so in the event description.
The Harrington Public Library is located at 110 E. Center Street and can be reached at (302) 398-4647. The Library is open:
- Monday, Wednesday, & Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday & Thursday: 11:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.