2017 Regular Municipal Election
***This post will be updated as more information becomes available***
The City Council adopted Resolution 17-R-01 setting the date and rules for the 2017 regular election.
Positions Up for Election: Mayor, District 5 Council Member, and District 6 Council Member
Date of Election: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Location of Election: Price Community Center, 103 Dorman Street
Council Districts Map
Voters must be at least eighteen (18) years old, a U.S. Citizen, a resident of the City of Harrington, a registered voter with the Kent County Department of Elections, and live in the District for which they are voting (voting for the Mayor is citywide).
To register to vote or to update your address, visit the State of Delaware iVote website or contact the Kent County Department of Elections at 739-4498.
Public Notice for Absentee Ballot
Absentee voting is available for eligible voters that are unable to go to the polls for a reason defined by law. To vote by absentee ballot, follow these steps:
- Complete the Affidavit for Absentee Ballot following the instructions on the form and return it to City Hall, 106 Dorman Street.
- Complete Column 1 and either Section A or Section B depending on the reason you are voting absentee.
- If the reason you are voting absentee is under Section B, you must sign the form in front of a notary. A notary is available in City Hall to notarize your Affidavit for Absentee Ballot free of charge.
- The ballot will be mailed to you when it becomes available along with instructions on how to complete and return the ballot.
- In office absentee voting will also be possible once the absentee ballot is available.
- Return the ballot to City Hall by the close of polls (7:00 pm on May 2, 2017).
Filing as a Candidate
Public Notice for Election Petitions
Candidates for office must live in the City of Harrington in the District for which they are running (the Mayor is a citywide position), be at least 18 years old, be qualified to vote, and have no felony convictions. Candidate filing forms must be returned to City Hall, 106 Dorman Street, no later than 4:30 pm on April 4, 2017 to the Clerk of Council or it cannot be accepted. To file as a candidate for the office of Mayor, please complete the candidate filing form for Mayor. To file as a candidate for Council Member – District 5 or Council Member – District 6, please complete the candidate filing form for Council Member.
If you have any questions, please contact Clerk of Council Kelly Blanchies at 398-4476 or firstname.lastname@example.org.